The Other Side: Hypocrites, All the Way Down
Posted on August 15, 2018
Much of our time is spent mercilessly mocking those who would deny people reproductive rights. But sometimes, oh sometimes, we try to at least like, figure out where they are coming from, place ourselves in their shoes. You know, it’s know fun, but it’s a good way to see all sides of the argument. And let’s just say this week we’ve wanted to scream from the rooftops “Y’all are a bunch of hypocrites.” It’s just… always so blatant. It’s almost impossible to understand the logic, but here we are.
So the other side takes perfectly good Saturdays and Sundays — days you could spend frollicking at the beach, reading a good book, learning Spanish — and uses them walking around holding signs that say people who have abortions are “murderers” and “baby killers.” They go on and on about how important LIFE is, the most sacred thing of all!!! AND YET:
- They leave the church unchecked to continue a cycle of abuse. They’re not protesting at THESE people’s homes, these people’s offices, demanding they be held accountable for years of abuse.
- They claim to be Christian and value life but yet SUPPORT the death penalty.
- They claim that children are sacred gifts but THEY ARE NOT PROTESTING FAMILIES STILL BEING SEPARATED, in fact they just use it as an excuse to talk about their LITERAL ONE ISSUE (being abortion) AND DON’T MENTION THAT LIKE, HEY MAYBE REAL KIDS SHOULD BE SAFE!
- They funnel money away from low income families, with YES, you guessed it REAL BABIES in order to give the money to groups trying to convince more people to not have abortions (more people that, if they’re successful, ACTUALLY WOULD NEED THAT TANF money).
- They have hospitals that don’t care for patients who aren’t their perfect ideal for how humans should behave.
We’re over hypocrites this week and every week. BOY BYE!
All fired up and want somewhere to go?
We create rapid response media to highlight ongoing reproductive rights issues across the US.Read More
Attend an LPJL Event Near You
We hold events and workshops to support providers and activate volunteers.Come See Us
Contribute to the amazing programs we are putting in to action to support clinics daily.Donate