Title: Individual and Major Giving Officer
Reports to: Development Director
Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Individual and Major Giving Officer is a new position at Lady Parts Justice League created to address a vital need – building a national network of engaged individuals committed to defending reproductive rights and access to abortion.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and highly organized, and will have a proven ability to meet fundraising goals. They will be committed to building strong relationships between Lady Parts Justice League, existing donors, and prospective donors. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with a motivated team and own the challenge of helping a young and innovative organization achieve long-term sustainability.
About Lady Parts Justice League
Founded in 2015 by Lizz Winstead, Lady Parts Justice League (LPJL) uses humor and outrage to destigmatize abortion and expose extremist, anti-choice forces working to destroy access to reproductive rights across the country. LPJL fosters a multicultural, multiethnic and gender-fluid team of comedians, writers, producers, activists and volunteers who create content, stage events and build grassroots support for abortion providers that comes from and speaks to a diversity of life experiences. LPJL is a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) public charity.
The Individual Giving Officer, who reports to the Development Director, is responsible for the following:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of major donors and prospects, and supporting online giving to hit a goal of $200,000 in annual donations.
- Maintaining a fast-paced schedule with face-to-face visits and phone calls to steward current donors and engage new major donor prospects.
- Coordinating major donor cultivation events, including small house parties and donor receptions, and finding opportunities for major donor cultivation at LPJL public events.
- Recruiting and managing host committees/individual sponsors for occasional large events.
- Overseeing and facilitating donor engagement efforts for senior leadership, including trip planning and management, and securing and staffing donor meetings for current, lapsed and prospective funders.
- Writing individualized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship letters, proposals and reports.
- Working with Online Community Manager and Volunteer Outreach Coordinator to develop compelling messaging and strategy for online fundraising and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Tracking all stewardship strategies and solicitation activity in the organization’s CRM.
- Collaborating with other team members, such as the Programs Director for up-to-date messaging, and working with our fiscal sponsor, NEO Philanthropy, for financial processing and reporting.
We are seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results oriented, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- A track record of building long-term relationships to achieve fundraising success.
- Excellent working knowledge of personal solicitation, fundraising strategies, and cultivation and stewardship for high-end donors.
- Outstanding oral, written, communication and presentation skills – including the ability to listen and target communication to influence and engage diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-faceted projects and a capacity to perform independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, and a commitment to 100% follow-up.
- Enthusiasm for operating in a complex, dynamic, and widely networked culture.
Experience working in a political advocacy context, within the reproductive rights movement.
Some travel required, as well as flexibility to attend evening and weekend events.
Experience, Education and Training Qualifications:
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Salsa CRM or comparable database
$50,000 to $60,000
Competitive benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, short term disability insurance, vacation and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kat Green at email@example.com
Lady Parts Justice League is a project of NEO Philanthropy, Inc., a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NEO’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and levels of physical ability.