A draft of a ‘Religious Freedom’ Executive Order has been leaked and is circulating the internet like a Wynona Ryder facial expression meme - it’s gone berserk. The possible order would protect individuals and organizations from “violating their conscience” by...read more
Shit just got real. And reality got a lot shittier Early last Friday supporters of abortion rights, contraceptive rights, and health care in general got a 2 a.m. wake up call. That’s what time the Senate confirmed the nomination of Rep. Tom Price to be the new head of...read more
Willie Parker and the Moral Higher Ground WILLIE PARKER wrote a BOOK! Dr. Willie Parker, compassionate abortion provider, SAINT, and ALL-AROUND HERO is a great friend to LPJL--and to any and every woman who needs an abortion, contraceptive services, or a fierce...read more
New York State has two bills that are currently climbing through government ranks with the hopes of building a protective guard around your reproductive rights. A wall for your uterine wall (ugh, sorry, this “administration” is wearing me down)! The Reproductive...read more
Yes, several lifetimes seem to have transpired between now and the release of 1987’s classic Dirty Dancing. How long ago was it? You may have first seen this movie on VHS. Heck, it was released on Betamax! 1987 seems a world away. And the 1963 in which the film was...read more
If you were one of the people clutching your pearls and shitting your pantsuits in a “How could this have happened?”-manner the day after the election — then you are probably not one of the creepy young evangelicals raised on a steady diet of mayonnaise sandwiches,...read more
Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch. Coming from Trump and the Republicans, you know it’s bad. But you’re not sure HOW bad. Answer: It’s too bad to let stand. It’s too bad not to fight. Things turn to shit incrementally, and we need to resist every step of the way....read more
As part of our continuing Play of the Day series “Sauron’s Army” Lady Parts Justice League is exploring the key players Donald Trump has chosen to surround himself with. We’re taking a deep dark look at his advisors and the people being appointed to his cabinet, all...read more
It just didn’t grab me. Compared to the vibrant and historic Women’s March on Washington last week, the March for Life held two days later was a relatively lifeless affair. Why, it wasn’t even exciting with Mike “Partytime” Pence pumping the crowd. It’s not just that...read more
With a vote of 238 to 183, the house passed HR-7 (formerly known as the “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2017”) on Tuesday, bringing some seriously scary legislation closer to the desk of our decidedly anti-woman...read more
5 Reasons To Join The Lady Parts Justice League
- Because you wanna incorporate fighting for reproductive rights into your daily life– laughing & drinking while doing it.
- Because you want to work towards shattering the stigma surrounding abortion and remind people that access to abortion puts women in control of their own bodies and destinies.
- Because you believe the best reason to have an abortion is that YOU have decided to have an abortion.
- Because you want to join us in supporting and celebrating abortion clinic workers and doctors–because they deserve to be championed.
- Because you want to commit to speaking out against haters and extremists who can’t seem to understand that women are autonomous and capable of making medical decisions on their own.